Corinthians back in the hunt for Tevez
The new president of Brazilian club Corinthians, Roberto Andrade, has revealed that they will make another bid for wantaway Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez in January.
Andrade, who will take over from Andres Sanchez at the start of the new year, shares his predecessor’s desire to sign the Argentine and said that he would start talks again once the English transfer window opens.
“He is a great player. At the start of the year we will start up talks again, but it will be a difficult negotiation,” he told Estadao on Tuesday. “His value is extremely high, but Corinthians will work hard on this.”
Tevez is still a City player and is currently AWOL in Buenos Aires, although he has revealed that he will not return to England.
With AC Milan the only club so far to make a formal proposal (a loan offer that was rejected by City), Corinthians will need to stump up at least £35 million as the Premier League leaders have maintained that they will not sanction a loan move and are seeking ‘fair market value’ for the player.